Check out our latest advocacy items!
Membership is included with the fall conference registration. If you do not plan on attending the fall conference and still wish to be a member click here to download the membership form.
We are a professional organization interested in serving the mental health and educational needs of all children and youth through advancing the standards for delivery of psychological services in Arkansas schools and promoting the professional identity of persons delivering those services. We are an affiliate of the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).
By joining ASPA you will have opportunities for professional development (NASP CPD's available), get to know other school psychology professionals throughout the state, and reap the benefits of legislative lobbying. Members are also provided with a twice yearly newsletter available online as a download.
ASPA has three major membership classifications: Regular, Student, Retired/Inactive. Please see below for specific discriptions.
ASPA Member Classifications
Regular - voting status ($50 annual fee if not attending the Fall Conference)
- one who is engaged in the delivery of school psychological services and whose title is School Psychology Specialist, Psychological Examiner, or Educational Examiner; or
- trained as a school psychologist, but currently functions as a consultant or supervisor of psychological services; or
- primarily engaged in the training of school psychologists at a college or university; or
- certified by NASP as a Nationally Certified School Psychologist; or
- licensed to practice psychology in Arkansas and whose primary professional interest is school psychology
Student –-non-voting status ($25 annual fee if not attending the Fall Conference)
- one who spends one-half time or more (at least six semester hours) in a program which will lead to certification as a School Psychology Specialist, or the fulfillment of one or more of the requirements for regular membership
Retired/Inactive - voting status ($25 annual fee if not attending the Fall Conference)
- one who previously had regular membership status but is now retired from employment in the delivery of school psychological services as defined above (see Regular membership criteria)